Trauma Therapist & RCC - Kendra Mulgrew
Meet Kendra ~
After experiencing much mental and physical misery during her early years, Kendra knew there had to be a different way of existing on planet Earth. Thus began her journey of finding community through inner-exploration. After bringing herself to many rock-bottom experiences, she set an intention to do anything and everything possible to tap out of the cycle of pain and suffering she had found herself in. Step by step, breath by breath, she has come to be a witness of this blissful reality experienced always & all ways at this presence moment in space in time. She now lives to help others realize this beautiful experience of life.
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, UBCO
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist, Alive Academy
- Certified 200hr Yoga Teacher, Tandava Yoga
- Reiki Master and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner (Level 1)
- Master of Science in Psychology, Capella University
- Registered Clinical Counsellor, British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Somatic Experiencing Training, The Foundation for Human Enrichment, D.B.A. Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute
- To hold space for divine realization and the eradication of suffering for all beings.
- To make trauma psycho-education and healing more accessible for individuals who cannot afford one-on-one trauma therapy.
- To work one-on-one and in group/community settings for the enlightenment of all beings.
- To assist individuals within and without relationships to find meaningful, mindful, heart-centred, open, and True connection and unconditional Love.
- To share Love in all forms, including words of Love through videos, writing, teaching, workshops, and conversation.
- To live in alignment for the highest bliss, joy, energy, rapture, gratitude, Metta, equanimity, awareness, mindfulness, calm, and Samadhi of all beings.
- Professionalism, Happiness, Contentment, Community, Acceptance, Balance, Connection, Truth, Presence, Determination, Compassion, Empathy, Movement, Learning, Playfulness, Heart-Centredness, Service, Creativity, Ahimsa, Consciousness, Awareness, Equanimity, Freedom, Equality, Unity, Energy, Trust, Transparency, Tolerance, Samadhi, Wisdom, Exploration, Love, & Purpose.
MSPych, RCC, Somatic Practitioner, CHN, YTT 200hr
Kendra is an individuals and couples counsellor that approaches mental health and wellness from a holistic perspective.
With a warm and accepting space for you to explore your experience, Kendra is a Victoria, BC counsellor and trauma therapist who facilitates a process and presents an opportunity for you to find clarity of heart and peace of mind. Counselling theories and therapies that Kendra utilizes include: Somatic Experiencing (SE), Solution Focused, Existential theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Shamanic therapies, Gestalt therapy, Person-centered therapy, Feminist theories, Emotionally-focused therapy (EFT), Multicultural theory, and many other techniques and modalities.
About Kendra's Process
Kendra approaches health and wellness from a mind-body-spirit perspective. Although counselling is traditionally thought of as talk-based, psychoanalysis, or talk-therapy (which offer benefits), they only address top-down cognitive processes. That is, they are only addressing the mind. Much research shows the importance of the connection between the mind and the body. Therefore, it is necessary for both the mind and body to be present in the healing process. Through integration of the the body and addressing bottom-up processes, real and sustainable change is attainable.
I would recommend Kendra to anyone. She is an expert at creating a warm and accepting space; allowing you to heal and release the thoughts and energies you need. Her calm, reflective nature permit her to pick up on subtleties and guide your conversation and thoughts towards a new direction.
Kendra is powerful and dedicated in her space. She made it easy for me to settle in with her gentle, loving, and truthful wisdom. I am at a loss to find adequate words to express my deepest gratitude for Kendra. I would recommend her to anybody who is ready to journey beyond their edges. This woman is the real deal!
I was blessed enough to be able to see Kendra. She offers a beautiful space for you to process what is going on in your own mind, helps you heal, and feel the love and patience for yourself. Every time I left feeling more sure of myself. And most importantly more patient. Could always use another session.